Talks and Workshops by Nandakumar Edamana
Read More: Topics Handled | Resources
My experience as a trainer was started back in my school days when I was selected to be one among six state-level student resource persons under the ants (Animation Training Programme for Students) project undertaken by IT@School (now KITE), Kerala.
I have been a Free Software enthusiast since before I became part of ants, and had started developing applications under free (libre) licenses as part of my early experiments. But it was ants that made me start my first major software project, Chalanam animation software. However, I eventually dropped it since not many needed an animation software.
In 2012, I developed Sammaty Election Software, which helped hundreds of schools to switch from Windows-based proprietary software to free software, and thus earned me some recognition. I was starting to be a speaker in software-freedom-related programmes. It was further backed by my position as a technical writer, started back in 2013.
Here is a list of some important talks, seminars, and workshops.
- Do We Know Enough About Computer Memory? - a talk for software developers at Epixel Solutions Pvt. Ltd., 03 Mar 2022 (slides)
- A talk on the technical aspects, possibilities, and hidden dangers of social media titled ലൈക്ക് ചെയ്യുംമുമ്പ് ചില കമന്റുകള് (Some Comments Before You Like), Thunchanparambu, 02 May 2019
- A full-day hands-on workshop on LaTeX, College of Applied Science (IHRD), Kozhikkode, 06 Jan 2019
- Inauguration of the Computer Association, and a lecture on How to Protect Yourself from Cyber Attacks, KR's Sree Narayana College, Valanchery, 05 Nov 2018
- A full-day lecture on LaTeX, Ideal College, Kadakassery, 27 Jul 2018
- Inauguration of The Shell Club, and lectures on Programming on GNU/Linux and LaTeX, Ideal College, Kadakassery, 16 Jun 2017
- #define Myself, A talk while participating in Chip-to-Net 2.0, Vidya Academy Thrissur, 20 Jan 2017
- Inauguration of Wiki Yuvasamgamam (Malayalam Wikipedia Annual Programme for Youth), Alappuzha, 20 Nov 2013
- Seminar presentation on The Applications of Free Software, in a programme organized by Democratic Alliance for Knowledge Freedom, 2012
- Trainings based on free (libre) animation tools and audio-video editing tools on various occasions for IT@School project, Govt. of Kerala.